Thursday, May 21, 2015

An Exciting Day 4!!

I promise, I won't continue naming the daily posts according to day. I just wanted to start that since I'm doing an 8 day challenge. 

SO....I broke the rules today. I weighed myself. According to the 8DC rules, you weigh in Day 1 and Day 9, with one weigh in allowed day 2 or 3. It's a great motivator. I couldn't help it. After I "cheated" a bit yesterday, I wanted to make sure I didn't royally screw things up. 

10 lbs gone. Ah-maz-ing. I know it's weird of me to say, but I can feel it already.  My clothes feel different. I love it. My breathing is better already too. Way less use of my Albuterol, which is awesome considering the Indiana weather. It is May, right? Why did I want my fleece jacket this morning! Brr!

With that said, I cheated today too. Not too much, just a little. But, again, I took my supplements and meds accordingly, and not only did wall push ups, plus more crunches (up to 35!), and I walked!!

Now don't get all skippy. I was aiming for a 5 minute brisk walk. I set my phone and took off. At 2.5 minutes, I turned around. I got back to the driveway huffing, puffing, and hurting already. 4 min, 22.54 seconds. Talk about disappointing. I never thought I'd be this out of shape. 

Therefore, it seems I will be working up to the 5 minute walk, as well. I keep thinking "you have to start somewhere". But dang it, I used to be somewhat athletic. I could keep up, even with my short, stubby legs! I could hike for hours, and run up and down a basketball court as much as my lungs would allow me. I'm so mad that I've gotten this bad. 

But it won't happen again. Ever. 

I don't like feeling like a disappointment. I don't like feeling unattractive. I don't like feeling like I don't deserve things because of how I look. And I darn sure don't like shopping in the Plus Size section. I'm done with that. No more shopping until I've lost 50 pounds. That's my first short goal. I can't wait to get there. 

For those of you wondering, I did take pre pics. I'll share those as I see more of a change. I'll also share my pre weight. Not now. I'm too close to it still, and it's embarrassing. But I will. 

Before I sign off, I just want to thank those that are reading and encouraging me. It really means a lot. I try to put funnies in, and make things interesting, but in reality, this is serious and I've got to get healthy. I appreciate every one of your likes and comments, though. Y'all are amazing.

Until tomorrow, sleep well, dream awesome, and it's almost the weekend! Hot Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment