Sunday, May 17, 2015

Day -1

Hello Folks!

If you are reading this, thank you!

I'm starting a huge new journey, and I need all the help and encouragement I can get!  You see, I've tried to lose weight and be healthy so many times over the years. Just like quitting smoking, I believe this takes a good 10 tries before it sticks. Now, I've never smoked (hello, Asthma?!), but I know food has a certain calling to some people. 

Yes, I have several "health issues" that make it very hard to lose weight and keep it off. But food? Man, that stuff is good!! I'm trying hard to remember to "Eat To Live, don't Live To Eat", but sometimes it's difficult. Besides have Poly Cystic Ovaries (known as PCOS from here on out), and Asthma and allergies that often require bouts of Prednisone (the devil!), I also eat according to moods! Have a great day? Let's celebrate and eat! Feeling down? I should eat. Angry at someone, I'm gonna eat! See how that works? Very frustrating.

So this journey I'm starting tomorrow will not just be a weight loss journey. Oh no. It will be one to complete better health and well being. I want to be here in 40 years. I want to see my son grow up and get married (if the lady is good enough for him, of course!). I want to hold hands with my husband and walk around the block with our 20 dogs when we are 85. I want to see my children's children's children. I'm going to be here for all that.

Most of all, I want to feel good. I want to be here for me. I'm going to do this, and if you want to join me, awesome. Let me know. We will support each other! You want to watch from afar? That's cool! I'm here regardless. You want to say mean things to me? Go for it, but I'll probably just use it as motivation. Whatever I feel will be posted here. Pics will be posted tomorrow as a starting point, and I'll share what I'm doing each day to get to my goal.

What's my goal? I don't have a "Goal Weight".  I'm not going to conform to what 99/100 doctors think I should weigh for my height. I'm going for what feels good, what I think looks good, and what makes me not have to shop for clothes in the "Plus Size" section, cause let's be honest, those clothes just aren't as cute. 

Thank you for reading, thank you for caring enough to see what I'm doing, and thank you, most of all, for being you. 
See you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment